The Effect of Mentoring and Communication Through Social Media on Knowledge and Skills in Handling Dismenorhoe in Young Woman

Authors

  • Dessy Lutfiasari Bachelor of Midwifery Program, Kadiri
  • Eko Winarti
  • Nikmatul Firdaus
  • Anita Nuril Fadila
  • Fantri Nugroho

DOI:

https://doi.org/10.30994/jqph.v5i2.361

Keywords:

Knowledge, Skill, Dysmenorhoe, Mentoring and communication, Social media

Abstract

In Indonesia, the incidence of dysmenorrhea is quite large, showing that people with dysmenorrhea reach 60-70% of women in Indonesia. The incidence of primary type dysmenorrhea in Indonesia is 54.89%, while the remaining 45.11% are secondary types. This research aims to knowing the effect of mentoring and communication trhough social media on knowledge and skills in handling dysmenorhoe in adolescent girls. The design of this research is the quasi-experiment with a post-test with the control group on 44 persons that are determined by purposive sampling. The research samples were divided into 2 groups. The results showed a significant differences in knowledge and skill to handling dysmenorhoe by mentoring and communication through social media (Wilcoxon signed test p <0.05 and also mann whitney test p< 0,05). From the results of this study, it can be concluded that the mentoring and communication on social media can increase the knowledge and skill on handling dysmenorhoe.

Downloads

Published

2022-05-31

How to Cite

Dessy Lutfiasari, Eko Winarti, Nikmatul Firdaus, Anita Nuril Fadila, & Fantri Nugroho. (2022). The Effect of Mentoring and Communication Through Social Media on Knowledge and Skills in Handling Dismenorhoe in Young Woman. Journal for Quality in Public Health, 5(2), 165–169. https://doi.org/10.30994/jqph.v5i2.361